|rganization:||Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Moldova and “Institutum Virtutes Civilis”|
|Sector:||Civil society development|
|Term Duration:||up to 8 working days|
|Period of implementation:||February – March 2022|
|Consultancy Type:||International Consultancy|
|Location:||Chișinău, Republic of Moldova|
|Closing Date:||25/01/2022 at 6:00 pm EET|
About the project:
Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Moldova and “Institutum Virtutes Civilis” hereby invite interested candidates to submit a proposal for consultancy services to develop the guidelines for decision makers (DMs) and civil society organizations (CSOs) on conducting gender audits and drafting gender action plans and conduct a 3-day Training of Trainers on gender audit.The activities will be carried out within the 3-year EU funded project entitled “Partnerships 4 Women Leadership and Good Governance”. The project runs through April 2021 to April 2024 and has the following outcomes:
- Improved capacity of CSOs, CBOs and LAGs to influence policy making at the local and national levels;
- Enhanced capacity of women for participation in the decision-making processes at all levels;
- Enhanced public awareness of the role of women in good governance and sustainable development.
The project desired impact is to achieve strong civil society actors that enhance governance at the national and local level and shape the life of their communities.
Objectives of the Assignment
The international trainer will have the task to develop the guidelines for decision makers (DMs) and civil society organizations (CSOs) on conducting gender audits and drafting gender action plans. The guidelines will describe how to use the GA as a tool for assessing the gender equality aspects at organisations level, which includes looking at their policies, programmes, projects, procedures, internal structures, and budgets (at national and local levels). The document will also include the guidance on developing the GAP, based on the findings of the GA. The guidelines will be used during the ToT.
The international trainer will carry out one 3-day ToT for decision makers (DMs) and civil society organisations on how to conduct Gender Audits (GA) and draft Gender Action Plans (GAPs) in public institutions. He/she will be supported in conducting the ToT by one national expert.
The main expected outcomes:
- A guideline for decision makers and civil society organizations for conducting Gender Audits and drafting Gender Action Plans developed and tested during the ToT;
- Training agenda for the 3-day training on conducting Gender Audits and development of the Gender Action Plans;
- Training materials developed and distributed to ToT participants;
- A 3-day Training of Trainers on Gender Auditing and Gender Action Plans for 27 participants selected by the Project;
- Increased capacity of 27 participants from DMs and CSOs on conducting Gender Audits and drafting Gender Action Plans.
Required skills and experience
Education and experience
- At least 7 years of experience in conducting gender mainstreaming activities or similar activities strongly related to the proposed task – conducting gender audits at institutional level, analysis of mainstreaming gender in public policy, evaluation of gender action plans, drafting guidelines in any of the above-mentioned topics etc.;
- Relevant education – Master degree or PhD in social and humanitarian sciences (ex. Sociology, Education Sciences and Social Assistance, Anthropology, Economic Sciences, Political Science, Gender, etc.);
- At least 3 years’ experience in working with the public sector/public authorities on gender equality issues;
- In-depth knowledge on mechanisms related to mainstreaming gender in public policy documents;
- Demonstrated knowledge on gender-based analysis (integrating the gender perspective in planning, decision making and development of actions, programs and interventions);
- Demonstrated experience in conducting ToTs on various gender related topics (previously conducted ToTs in gender audits will be considered and advantage);
- Demonstrated knowledge (and preferably some experience) in working in Moldova or other countries in the region (Eastern Partnership countries) with similar background.
Project deliverables and consultancy services will be offered in English, thus excellent oral and written communication skills in English are expected;
Interested experts should send the documents listed below to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, by January 25th , 2022 (6:00 pm EET), with the subject line: “GA ToT application”. Only complete applications will be considered. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.
Application will include
- Personal CV (max. 3 pages, please include the contact phone and/or Skype ID for a possible interview), including a list of publications on relevant topics (if any). The CV should include the contact details (e-mail addresses) of at least 2 references;
- Technical offer: the preliminary structure of the guidelines and preliminary concept note of the 3-day ToT (max. 1 page with a short description of the topics and methods that will be applied during the training) and proposed draft agenda;
- Financial Offer (FO) will include: estimated number of days to develop the GAs and GAPs guidelines;
- Daily rate (gross) in EURO.
*Note! The project team will offer logistical support to the international consultant, including organizing all the international travel and providing accommodation during her/his work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as organizing all the logistics for the trainings. In general, FES and IVC reserve their right to ensure travel costs not exceeding those of an economy class ticket.
For any additional questions please contact us via e-mail email@example.com.
In order to ensure equal treatment and equal chances for all the potential candidates, FES and IVC will answer all the questions by January 20, 2021.
For detailed information on the assignment, the requirements for the international expert as well as the evaluation criteria, please access the Terms of References.
 All the amounts stated in the Financial Offer are considered Gross Amounts, meaning Fee Before Tax. For non-residents consultants – these amounts are subject to 12% income Tax for non-residents.