Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Application Deadline: 05 April 2021
Starting date: 01 May 2021
Expected Duration of Assignment: 35 months, part-time position (50%)
“Partnerships 4 Women Leadership and Good Governance” Project is an EU/FES funded project implemented by the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) in partnership with the AO “Institutum Virtutes Civilis” (IVC). The overall goal of the Project is to contribute to strengthening the Moldovan civil society in order to engage in enhancing governance and shaping the life of their communities.
With a view to attaining the overall goal, the project aims at:
- empowering and building the capacity of Civil Society Organisations (CSOs), Community-based organisations (CBOs) and Local Action Groups (LAGs) to influence policymaking at the local and national levels through the development and monitoring of public policies; the promotion of participatory budgeting, administrative transparency, including in public procurement; and, the promotion of gender-sensitive public policies;
- building the capacity of Decision Makers (DMs) of all levels to develop and apply policies, including gender-sensitive ones, as well as to cooperate successfully with the CSOs, CBOs, LAGs in the participatory policymaking.
- enhancing the capacity of women and girls in participating in the decision-making processes at all levels, by empowering and encouraging them to have a more active role in decision-making processes.
- enhancing public awareness on women’s role in good governance and the importance of ensuring equal opportunities for their social, economic and political participation.
The project activities will include capacity building (workshops, trainings, conferences, roundtables, subgrants & mentorship, alumni networking platforms) for women, relevant CSOs & DMs, public policy development and monitoring, advocacy and participatory decision-making and awarenessraising on women’s role in good governance and importance of ensuring equal opportunities for social, economic and political participation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity with the project action plans and expected results
- Develop the monitoring and evaluation framework and action plan in consultation with the Project management team
- Develop and implement the necessary tools for monitoring and evaluation activities; plan and conduct monitoring activities for all project activities (also virtual)
- Collect M&E data on the indicators set up in the Project documents and provide regular updates to the Project management team with a view to facilitating the continuous improvement of project deliverables
- Plan meetings for M&E data analysis and corrective actions
- Develop ToRs for conducting the Project external evaluation and identify experts to this end
- Undertake and/or supervise baselines surveys to obtain data for the evaluation of the Project outcomes and impact
- Lead monitoring visits and consultations on the review of Project progress on a regular basis and encourage stakeholders’ involvement at all stages
- Prepare best practices and lessons learned
- Ensure regular checking and verification of data collected for completeness, consistency, accuracy, for the Annual Report
- Compile quarterly, yearly progress and final M&E reports; coordinate and assist the Project external evaluation process etc
- Contribute to the Project activities promotion
TECHNICAL AND OTHER SKILLS
- Has good knowledge and understanding of gender equality and development issues, as well as the fundamental concepts of good governance and civil society
- Keeps abreast of new developments in the area of civil society development, gender sensitive public policies and development
- At least three years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, with special experience in complex and multi-component programmes in national and international organizations.
- At least two years of practical experience in monitoring and evaluation within an international assistance project/ programme that involves the participation of public authorities from the Republic of Moldova.
- Experience in data collection and aggregation, data analysis and analytical reporting
- Practical knowledge of M&E policies within international organizations or international funding institutions
- Practical experience in developing M&E plans and M&E indicators
- Experience of working for the non-governmental sector
- Experience in working with state stakeholders at national and local level
- Maintains a high level of accuracy in his/her work
- Has effective interpersonal and negotiations skills and ability to solve complex issues
- Strong drafting, presentation and reporting skills
- Has effective interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- University degree in social sciences, public administration, gender equality, economics, law, statistics or other related fields
- M&E-related professional training courses provided by international organizations will be an advantage
- Professional communication skills (written and oral) in English, Romanian and Russian
- Flexibility to work outside the normal working hours.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
To apply for the job, interested individuals must submit the following documents/information:
- Cover letter explaining why the individual considers him/ herself as suitable for the position
- CV, including information about past experience in similar positions
- Letters of recommendation from previous workplaces, if available.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
A competitive salary goes with the position.
Please send your applications not later than April 5th to the following email address: email@example.com . Subject: Application for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for the “Partnerships 4 Women Leadership and Good Governance” Project
IVC reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with IVC at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
Only preselected candidates will be contacted.