Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Application Deadline: 31st March, 2021
Starting date: 10 April 2021, negotiable
Expected Duration of Assignment: 36 months, full time position
“Partnerships 4 Women Leadership and Good Governance” Project is an EU/FES funded project implemented by the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) in partnership with the AO “Institutum Virtutes Civilis” (IVC). The overall goal of the Project is to contribute to strengthening the Moldovan civil society in order to engage in enhancing governance and shaping the life of their communities.
With a view to attaining the overall goal, the project aims at:
- empowering and building the capacity of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), Community-based organizations (CBOs) and Local Action Groups (LAGs) to influence policymaking at the local and national levels through the development and monitoring of public policies; the promotion of participatory budgeting, administrative transparency, including in public procurement; and, the promotion of gender-sensitive public policies;
- building the capacity of Decision Makers (DMs) of all levels to develop and apply policies, including gender-sensitive ones, as well as to cooperate successfully with the CSOs, CBOs, LAGs in the participatory policymaking;
- enhancing the capacity of women and girls in participating in the decision-making processes at all levels, by empowering and encouraging them to have a more active role in decision-making processes;
- enhancing public awareness on women’s role in good governance and the importance of ensuring equal opportunities for their social, economic and political participation.
The project activities will include capacity building (workshops, trainings, conferences, roundtables, subgrants & mentorship, alumni networking platforms) for women, relevant CSOs & DMs, public policy development and monitoring, advocacy and participatory decision-making and awarenessraising on women’s role in good governance and importance of ensuring equal opportunities for social, economic and political participation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity with the project action plans and expected results;
- Provide assistance in the day-to-day implementation of the Project to the IVC Team Leader and the FES Project Coordinator;
- Support of formal and informal communications in compliance with the IVC, FES and the EU requirements as well as with the national legislation; proper stewardship of project resources, and ensure project operational effectiveness;
- Facilitate communication with all members of the project team, including the implementing partner organizations, project stakeholders and government representatives;
- Prepare and distribute outgoing communications products including, but not limited to formal correspondence/letters/agreements, project fact sheets, minutes of the meetings etc.;
- Compile data, perform data entry and data verification in relation to project administration processes and support the knowledge management and programmatic file storage of the Project
- Provide assistance in delivery of activities on the ground, ensure communication with project beneficiaries, including the project grantees;
- Support travel and logistics arrangements for staff and visitors. Schedule and coordinate appointments. Provide logistical and communication support to event planning activities
- Assist with the visibility of Project activities, etc.
TECHNICAL AND OTHER SKILLS
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
- Proactive, resourceful, and results-oriented
- Good knowledge and understanding of gender equality, good governance and civil society issues
- Ability to work with figures, undertake basic research and gather information from standard sources
- Experience of working for the non-governmental sector
- Experience in working with state stakeholders at national and local level
- High level of accuracy in work
- Strong drafting, presentation and reporting skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Previous experience in projects financed by EU or other international agencies is in an advantage.
- University degree in a relevant field such as social sciences, business administration, public administration, management, economic studies, marketing, international relations, or journalism;
- Working experience of minimum 2 years in an office environment in a clerical or administrative role. Experience with local or international NGOs /companies and projects is an advantage;
- Experience with data entry into online databases and forms;
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and information management systems. Proficient in Word and Excel;
- Experience designing communications products such as fact sheets, newsletters, blogs and social media posts is a strong advantage;
- Strong desire to learn and grow and be part of social development in Moldova;
- Fluent in Romanian, English and Russian languages;
- Flexibility to work outside the normal working hours and able to travel across the country for periodic field visits.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
To apply for the job, interested individuals must submit the following documents/information:
- Cover letter explaining why the individual considers him/ herself as suitable for the position
- CV, including information about past experience in similar positions
- Letters of recommendation from previous workplaces, if available.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
A competitive salary goes with the position.
Please send your applications not later than March 31st, 2021 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject: Application for Project Assistant for the “Partnerships 4 Women Leadership and Good Governance” Project.
IVC reserves the right to select one or more candidates with regard to this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with IVC at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
Only preselected candidates will be contacted.